Sunday, July 29, 2007

Belief In Angels Proof Against Lightning, Bullets, Bats And Banes


DOVER-FOXCROFT — She’s been shot at, mugged and has had a bat tangled in her hair.

If that doesn’t make your skin crawl, Jeanne Rogers, 58, also has been struck by lightning twice, has fallen into a manhole and off a cruise ship, was nearly strangled, and she unwittingly helped Fred Rogers, the late star of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, get naked.

"People think I’m a little paranoid when I walk a mile to avoid a manhole or won’t walk under a ladder," Rogers said during an interview this week. "There’s so many things I won’t do because I know what can happen."

While Rogers dispels the target-on-her-back theory, she does believe she has an angel perched on her shoulder.

"I do worry. Things do happen to me even though I’m careful," she said this week, standing among an eclectic collection of new and used clothing, colorful jewelry, handbags and whimsical items in her small consignment and gift shop on River Street.

For Greater Details go to:
http://bangordailynews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=150100&zoneid=500

No comments: